A Campbell River couple was forced to spend two nights away from home after an electrical fire broke out in their apartment complex last week.
The fire, which started in the electrical room around 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 25, destroyed the panel that controls the power in one of the units.
BC Hydro was unable to turn the power back on in the affected unit and the couple were put up at a hotel, said Acting Fire Chief Ian Baikie.
“I believe those residents were without a place for two nights as they were waiting for repairs,” said Baikie.
A provincial emergency assistance program for disaster victims helped accommodate the displaced residents.