Canada Day weekend in Campbell River promises to be an exciting fun filled day with activities for kids, adults and seniors.
A number of events in Campbell River have joined forces to make this a six-day event starting with ‘Transformations on the Shore’ June 29 and ending with the BC Bike Race on July 4.
There are new events to watch for which includes bed races, Dragon Boat Races, Canada Day Dash plus a wide variety of live entertainment that compliments the theme this year – “From Far and Wide.”
Also new this year the Canada Day Committee is proud to promote this as a ‘green event’ not only for people enjoying the festivities but for the vendors participating.
The complete list of events is:
June 29 – July 3
- Transformations on the Shore in Willow Point at Frank James Park; 7am to 7pm
June 30 – Kick off to Canada Day
- Senior’s Canada Day Celebration – Ironwood Place, New Horizons Care, Evergreen Care, Yuculta Lodge
- Salmon BBQ at Spirit Square; 6 pm
- The Impalas at Spirit Square; 7-9 p.m.
Canada Day July 1
- Pancake Breakfast by Quality Foods & Campbell River Fire Fighter’s; 8-11 a.m.
- Canada Day Cake at Frank James Park; 12 p.m.
- Salmon City Jam skateboarding competition at Sportsplex; 11 am to 3pm
- Huck Finn Fishing Derby at Discovery Fishing Pier; 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- E&B Helicopter Rides at E&B Hanger; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Children’s Festival at the Community Centre; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Home Hardware Belt Sander Races on Shoppers Row by CIBC; 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Ostler Park (Crafts, food, rides, face painting, & live entertainment on the Eagle Telus Spirit Stage); 11 a.m. to Dusk
- Local All-Stars Stage at Spirit Square; 10:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- CR Hospital Foundation/Daybreak Rotary Great Canada Day Bed Races on Shoppers Row close to Royal Bank; 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Fire Fighter’s Salmon BBQ at the Ostler Park Longhouse; 1 p.m.
- Senior’s Honour Tea at the Museum at Campbell River; 1-2:30 p.m.
- Canada Day Dash - CR Common to Tyee Plaza; 3:55 p.m.
- Rotary Salmon Fest Canada Day Parade – CR Common thru downtown returning to CR Common; 4 p.m.
- Opening Ceremonies & Cake at Ostler Park; 5:30 pm
- Quality Foods Festival of Lights at Ostler Park – Discovery Passage; 10:22 pm
- Race the River Dragon Boat race at Dick Murphy Park; 9 a.m.
- BC Bike Race from Ostler Park to Snowden Demonstration Forest and back; 9 a.m.
The amazing weekend comes to an end July 4th with the BC Bike Race with a 9am start at Ostler Park to Snowden Demonstration Forest with the finish line on Shoppers Row. The day ends with a live concert at Spirit Square with “Reunion: at 7 p.m.