Campbell River Chamber of Commerce handed out its 2011 Business Awards of Distinction at the Tidemark Theatre Saturday.
In response to the call for nominations, the community brought forward a distinguished group of nominees, representing the outstanding contribution that individuals, businesses and not for profit organizations make to Campbell River. An independent panel of judges, comprised of business and community leaders, evaluated the nominations resulting in the selection of the award recipient in each award category.
The efforts of all the nominees were applauded by a crowd of over 250 at the 2011 Chamber Business Awards of Distinction event at the Tidemark Theatre Saturday.
“The Business Awards of Distinction recipients exemplify the qualities of business success. Each of the award recipients brings their entrepreneurial spirit, risk taking, ideas and innovation into our community to grow and shape a prosperous and healthy Campbell River. On behalf of the Chamber Board, Staff and our Members, we congratulate you and wish you continued business success,” said Gary Thulin, 2011 President of the Campbell River Chamber of Commerce
The award winners are:
- Micro Business of the Year: City Smiles Dental Centre.
- Small Business of the Year: Anchor Cove Electric.
- Intermediate Business of the Year: T-Mar Industries.
- Large Business of the Year: Marine Harvest Canada.
- Not-for Profit Business of the Year: Campbell River Hospice Society.
- Family Friendly Business of the Year: Marine Harvest Canada.
- The Environmental Sustainability Business Award: Discovery Foods.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Erin Wallis of Erin Wallis Photography.
- Business Leader of the Year: Tom Pallan of The Pallan Group.
“On behalf of the Chamber, we want to express our appreciation for the outstanding community support we receive for this event. Thank you to the many sponsors and talented volunteers who helped make the 2011 Business Awards of Distinction a success,” said Colleen Evans, Executive Director of the Campbell River Chamber.