It was a full house last Saturday at the Eagles Hall as the the Positive Aquaculture Awareness society held its 15th annual dinner and awards night. The event featured a delicious farmed seafood dinner, a silent auction, a heads and tails raffle and the highlight of the night: Awards presentations.
The 2014 award recipients are:
- Business of the Year Award: Grieg Seafood BC Ltd.
- Environment Award: Jeff Muma, Marine Harvest Canada.
- Leadership Award: Jason Pearson, Cermaq Canada.
- Long-Term Achievement Award: Daryl Misky, Marine Harvest.
- Outstanding Employee Performance Award: Steve Fukui, Cermaq.
- Outstanding Managers Performance Award: Megan Sorby, Sable Fish Canada
- Rookie of the Year Award: Alvin Mati, Creative Salmon Company Ltd.
- Outstanding Contributor to our Communities Award: Dave Bailey, Creative Salmon and Roger King, Marine Harvest.
- Honorable Mention: Dr. Ray Peterson, Mary Ellen Walling and Dr. Sonja Saksida.
As in previous years, the awards night also provides an opportunity to raise money in support of important local not-profits that help B.C.’s wild salmon.
A total of $1,000 was raised and donated to the Campbell River Salmon Foundation to assist in its habitat restoration of local rivers.
The evening featured a fantastic door prize – return transportation and an overnight stay for two to Homfray Lodge, provide by Corilair and Homfray Lodge.
The dinner and awards night is annual fundraiser for PAA, which is dedicated to promoting awareness of B.C.’s aquaculture industry. Visit www.farmfreshsalmon.org