The Bob Dailey Track and Field Meet in Port Alberni on May 14-15 was a great success for the many Campbell River Comets that attended.
Despite erratic weather conditions, which varied from sweltering heat to very cold, wet and windy, the athletes seemed to take everything in stride and perform well. For many, this was their very first track meet. The rest posted an amazing amount of Personal Bests throughout the weekend.
One notable result was posted by Seever Rondquist (Mens 18-19) who won First place in Javelin with a throw of 51.40 m and a new Personal Best in that event.
The next competition will be in Nanaimo on May 28-29. This is also the qualifying meet for the BC Summer Games for those athletes aged 14-15 years. The games will be held in Abbotsford in July.
Here are the results:
- Shea Berkey (9 boys) – 2nd 60m, 2nd 100m, 1st 600m, 1st 1000m, 8th 60m hurdles, 6th high jump, 5th long jump
- Ryley Konkle-Skuse (9 boys) – 3rd 60m, 4th 100m, 4th 600m, 4th 1000m, 2nd 60m hurdles, 1st long jump
- Gavin Chatterton (9 boys) – 6th 60m, 6th 100m, 2nd 600m, 2nd 1000m, 1st 60m hurdles, 3rd long jump
- Kaien Eidsvik (10 boys) – 5th 100m, 5th 600m, 3rd 1000m, 3rd shot put
- Lucas Milne (11 boys) – 12th 60m, 6th long jump, 2nd discus, 7th javelin, 4th shot put
- Lacie Simmons (11 girls) – 1st 200m, 1st 60m hurdles, 2nd long jump, 8th discus, 2nd shot put
- Kate-Lynn Revoy (11 girls) – 6th 60m, 5th 100m, 12th long jump, 4th discus, 4th javelin
- Kiana Danielson (11 girls) – 7th 60m, 6th 100m, 6th 200m, 12th discus, 13th javelin, 12th shot put
- Ushwya Brennan (11 girls) – 14th 60m, 11th 100m, 12th 60n hurdles, 14th long jump
- Rowen Berkey (12 boys) – 9th 100m, 3rd 1200m, 10th long jump, 8th high jump, 5th discus, 7th javelin
- Tyza Skuse (12 girls) – 1st 100m, 6th 200m, 7th 800m, 5th 1200m, 8th 80m hurdles, 3rd 200m hurdles, 1st high jump, 1st long jump, 1st javelin
- Anna Chatterton (12 girls) – 10th 200m, 3rd 800m, 3rd 1200m, 13th 80m hurdles, 8th 200m hurdles, 14th long jump, 3rd javelin
- Menoa Brennan (13 boys) – 2nd 100m, 2nd 200m, 1st long jump, 1st triple jump, 4th javelin, 9th shot put, 6th hammer throw
- Trent Perras (13 boys) – 12th long jump, 3rd triple jump, 1st discus, 1st javelin, 4th shot put, 1st hammer throw
- Emily Milne (13 girls) – 5th 100m, 4th 200m, 3rd 300m, 7th long jump
- Abigayle Underhill (13 girls) – 8th 100m, 10th 200m, 4th 300m, 3rd 800m, 3rd 1200m, 9th shot put
- Fergus Hall (14-15 boys) – 6th 100m, 2nd 300m, 3rd discus, 1st shot put
- Zachary Mudie (14-15 boys) – 1st triple jump, 7th javelin, 5th hammer throw
- Rowen Flood (14-15 girls) – 8th 100m, 6th 300m, 6th javelin, 5th hammer throw
- Tatum Feeney (14-15 girls) – 1st 80m hurdles, 2nd long jump, 2nd triple jump, 9th discus
- Jessica Revoy (14-15 girls) – 7th 100m, 3rd 200m, 4th 300m, 5th long jump, 5th triple jump, 7th discus, 8th javelin
- Jordan Williamson (16-17 boys) – 5th 800m, 1st 1500m
- Heather Mudie (16-17 girls) – 3rd long jump, 2nd discus, 3rd shot put, 3rd hammer throw
- Seever Rondquist (18-19 mens) – 1st javelin
Gavin Chatterton competes in the 4 x 100 m relay.