The Campbell River Storm are extending an invitation to its all day summer skills camps from August 18-22 at Rod Brind’Amour Arena.
Join the team this summer at the Storm Summer Skills Hockey School, operated by the Campbell River Storm coaches and players.
Participants will be taught fundamental skills on and off the ice while focusing on three main priorities – to have fun, play safe, and make friends.
This camp offers programs for all levels of play for kids aged 5-16 and all participants will receive skill specific instruction as well as conditioning prep for the upcoming hockey season.
1.5 Hours On Ice
Progressive and intense power skating, puck movement, stick handling/passing, shooting drills, body positioning, and checking drills.
1.5 Dry Land Training
Shooting and puck handling technique, anaerobic and aerobic exercise, endurance and strength training.
- Nutrition presentation and seminar
- Daily nutrition focus
- Fitness Test and Evaluation
- Proper stretching and warm-up techniques
- 4-to-1 player to instructor ratio for instant feedback on ice
- College and Junior Hockey players to help instruct on and off ice
- Autographed photo with instructors
- Camp jersey or t-shirt with water bottle
- End-of-camp written evaluation of strengths and weaknesses
- One season’s pass for Campbell River Storm 2014/2015
For further information and registration details visit, www.campbellriverstorm.com/2014-summer-camp
For any further questions or comments about the summer skills camps, contact Storm Head Coach and General Manager Lee Stone at 250-204-TEAM (8326) or via e-mail at email@example.com