Minor hockey hosts equipment sale

Campbell River Minor Hockey Association is holding its first hockey equipment sale to raise money to help kids play hockey

Campbell River Minor Hockey Association is holding its first hockey equipment sale to raise money to help kids in the community play hockey.

The female Hurricane hockey team is organizing the event for this Sunday at Strathcona Gardens in the lobby of Rod Brind’Amour Arena from 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m.

Gently used gear can be dropped off and sold by the players for the donor. All gear, including adults, is welcome with the exception of helmets which can’t be resold due to insurance and safety considerations. Sellers will keep 80 per cent of the proceeds from the sale, with the remaining 20 per cent being used to fund families in need to ensure every kid gets the chance to play hockey.

To pre-register or pre-arrange equipment drop-off before the sale, contact Leanne Foster at leesheare@gmail.com or 250-923-0720. Equipment drop-off the day of the sale is between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Registration for the 2013/14 season will also be on-site to beat the early bird pricing deadline.