Two members of the Campbell River Gymnastics club have qualified for the provincials while two more will compete for wildcard births.
Six of the girls travelled to Port Alberni on March 12, for the provincial level 2 trials. The top six athletes in each division will represent the Island at the B.C. championships next month in Langley.
Rebecca Tazumi and Mackenzie Henderson led the local girls, finishing second and fourth respectively in the all-around.
Katie Lund and Mackenzie Henderson just missed out joining the regional team, finishing seventh and eighth respectively in the all-around. These gymnasts will have a chance at a wild card spot for the provincials.
Faith Barton and Jasmine Duguay rounded the local team with much improved performances for both athletes.
- Duguay, Level 1 Argo: 11th on vault, 14th on bars, 10th on beam, 13th on floor and 14th all-around.
- Tazumi, Level 2 Argo: 1st on Vault, 4th on bars, 3rd on beam, 6th on floor, 2nd all-around.
- Henderson, Level 2 Argo: 2nd on vault, 6th on bars, 5th on beam, 10th on floor, 4th all-around.
- Lund, Level 2 Novice: 12th on vault, 1st on bars, 10th on beam, 9th on floor, 7th all-around.
- Johnson, Level 2 Novice: 8th on vault, 4th on bars, 10thon beam, 10th on floor, 8th all-around
- Barton, Level 2 Novice: 2nd on vault, 9th on bars, 12th on beam, 5th on floor, 9th all-around.