A sign that Meaghan Lind-Petersen said was hanging near where a dog was allegedly poisoned in North Vancouver Friday. (Meaghan Lind-Petersen/Facebook)

Vet nurse warns dog owners after alleged dog poisoning in B.C. city

The dog had licked a rock near a threatening sign before having multiple seizures

A vet nurse is warning dog owners after she treated a possibly poisoned dog that had gone on a walk near a threatening sign on Friday.

Meaghan Lind-Petersen, who works at the North Burnaby Pet Hospital, posted on social media that the dog and its owner had been on a walk near Lionsgate Christian Academy in North Vancouver on Friday afternoon.

“Approximately 45 minutes later the dog suffered several seizures and is now ataxic (unable to move),” Lind-Petersen said.

“The owner had noticed that the dog had licked a brown substance on a large rock.”

A dog owner said her dog was poisoned after licking a brown substance off a rock in North Vancouver Friday. (Meaghan Lind-Petersen/Facebook)

Lind-Petersen said the substance looked like “bacon bits covering up a white powdery substance…. which mean this dog and other dogs are intentionally being poisoned.”

According to Lind-Petersen, the dog and its owner were walking near a sign that said “Dead dogs don’t s**t.”

“Please be wary of this area and all areas,” she said.

“We live amongst some sick people.”

RCMP did not immediately return a request for comment.


@katslepian

katya.slepian@bpdigital.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up