The annual Relay for Life got underway tonight at Phoenix School as cancer survivors and their supporters declare their willingness to fight the good fight against cancer.
The event is six hours of affirmation and courage as the annual fundraiser features brightly-coloured participants, many in costume, walking laps around the Phoenix School track.
Funds raised at the relay allow the cancer society to:
- support local people living with cancer, including family members and caregivers.
- Fight all cancers by supporting the best cancer research.
- Influence change through advocacy efforts.
- Empower Canadians with information to fight cancer.
- Speak up against cancer on behalf of all Canadians.