Propane fridge fire reported

Crews discovered a propane fridge in a recreational vehicle had failed

Fire crews responded to a mobile home park in the 4000 block of South Island Hwy. on the evening of Feb. 7, for a reported propane fridge on fire.

On arrival crews discovered a propane fridge in a recreational vehicle had failed, causing minor damage to the internal components of the fridge.

“The vehicle owner did the right thing by exiting the vehicle, turning off the propane supply tanks and calling 911 for help,” said Deputy Fire Chief Chris Vrabel.