The Royal Canadian Mint is inviting Canadians to design the 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, one-dollar and two-dollar coins that will circulate in 2017 in celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary.
As part of the contest, Canadians are being asked what Canada means to them by entering coin designs in the following theme categories until April 30, 2015:
- Our Wonders (Canada’s beauty, from nature to monuments).
- Our Character (Values or principles which define Canadian identity).
- Our Achievements (Discoveries, exploration or victories).
- Our Passions (From culture to sports, to pastimes).
- Canada’s future (this category is reserved for Canadians 12-years of age and under for the 25-cent coin).
The finalists will be determined by the Mint and a panel of notable Canadians.
The winning design will be selected by Canadians in an online vote in September 2015. To enter a design and for full contest rules and regulations, visit www.mint.ca/canada150