Campbell River Fire Rescue responded to a kitchen fire at 2006 Sierra Drive on Thursday. Image from Google Maps

Fire crews respond to kitchen fire in Campbell River

Stove removed from home with no further damage, says fire chief

Firefighters responded to another kitchen fire in Campbell River on Thursday.

Crews were dispatched just after 5 p.m. to the report of a stove on fire in a residence at 2006 Sierra Drive, said Campbell River Fire Chief Thomas Doherty.

“Fire crews arrived to find smoke throughout the home and on further investigation found that a small fire occurred inside a kitchen stove,” he said in an email. “The stove was disconnected and removed from the home by fire crews with no further damage to the home.”

READ MORE: Fire displaces resident from mobile home in Campbell River

READ MORE: Campbell River firefighters honoured at awards ceremony

He added that crews remained on scene for a while, clearing smoke from the home and checking carbon monoxide levels before the owners were let back inside.

This came just days after a fire that originated on a stovetop displaced a resident from their mobile home in Campbell River, as reported last week by the Mirror.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter