Each year, the Community Foundation of Campbell River offers grants to many worthwhile local agencies.
This year, the Museum provided the venue and backdrop to fortunate recipients of such bequests as hosted by directors, Amanda Raleigh and Craig Gillis.
On hand, former mayor and current Foundation chair, Mary Ashley presented one such cheque.
The successful recipients are:
- Campbell River Food Bank – $3,400.
- Campbell River Family Services – 2,500.
- Campbell River & District Adult Care – 2,000.
- Campbell River Beacon Club – 1,313.
- Campbell River Volunteer – 2,500.
- Quadra Circle Community Connections – 4,000.
- Campbell River Salmon Festival – 1,000.
- Campbell River Head Injury Support – 2,500.
- Discovery Passage SeaLife – 3,848.
- Campbell River Arts Council – 1,800.
- Campbell River Schizophrenia – 3,000.
- Museum at Campbell River – 2,500.
For more information regarding the Foundation, visit website www.crfoundation.ca