Campbell River electrical fire confined to attic

Seventeen firefighters from the No. 1 and No. 2 halls, along with three engines, responded to the fire

An electrical fire caused significant damage to a family home on Lynnwood Road Saturday afternoon.

No one was injured in the blaze which was traced back to an electrical circuit in the attic.

Seventeen firefighters from the No. 1 and No. 2 halls, along with three engines, responded to the fire around 4 p.m. in the 100 block of Lynwood.

“Once on scene, heavy smoke and fire was visible,” said Fire Chief Ian Baikie in a news release. “Quick action by crews contained the fire to the attic space where it originated. However, there was extensive fire damage to a large portion of the attic space.”

Also, with the colder weather, the chief reminds residents to ensure their home fire and carbon monoxide alarms are working properly.