Malaysia says it foiled planned attack on ‘Arab royalties’

Malaysia says it foiled planned attack on 'Arab royalties'

PENANG, Malaysia — Malaysia foiled a planned attack on “Arab royalties” visiting Kuala Lumpur last month, police said Tuesday.

In separate raids in late February, Malaysian police picked up four Yemenis, two Malaysians and one Indonesian, said Khalid Abu Bakar, the national police chief. He said the Yemenis were suspected of planning at attack.

“They (were) planning to attack the Arab royalties during the visit in Kuala Lumpur,” Khalid told reporters. “So we got them in the nick of time.”

The raids came days before Saudi Arabia’s King Salman visited Malaysia.

Salman is on a tour of Asian countries to advance the kingdom’s economic and business interests.

The Associated Press

Canadian Press

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in your inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up