Do you want to become more involved in local green initiatives in Campbell River?
Well here is your chance; Greenways Land Trust (GLT) would love to see you at their upcoming AGM on Wednesday, 7-9 p.m. at Banners Restaurant. Elections happen at the start of the meeting. There are many opportunities to become more involved in GLT as a supporter or member. However, in order to become a member of the Board of Directors your GLT membership must be current.
Ongoing Projects include:
- Primary stewardship roles in Beaver Lodge Forest Lands, Baikie Island and Haig-Brown Heritage Property (upcoming work on trails and creek this summer).
- Ongoing support for and partnerships with stream stewardship groups: providing technical advice, funding support, training, and organizational capacity development.
- Development with the City of Campbell River of the Urban Forest Management Plan (partial funding sponsorship provided by the Real Estate Foundation of BC).
- Involvement in the District of Campbell River’s development permits referral process.
- Providing education programs for youth and adults.
- Development of the Greenway Loop: The Jubilee Connector.
- Other recreational greenway development; trail building and maintenance; habitat protection and enhancement projects such as invasive plant removal, re-vegetation work, inventory and mapping.
For more information, call Erin or Stacey at 287-3785 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org