Come and talk to your community wellness team at Strathcona Gardnes on Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and celebrate World Diabetes Day, a United Nations Day that is observed in more than 80 countries in the world.
Nov. 14 is the birthday of Canadian Sir Frederick Banting, who discovered insulin. That discovery has saved the lives of millions of diabetics around the world.
The schedule of events will be:
- 10:30 a.m. – Sonya Hartz – foot care
- 11 a.m. – Jacki Price – Diabetes Education Nurse
- 11:30 a.m. – Dr. Kim Tsang – Coastal Eye Care – “Diabetes eyecare and prevention”
- 12 p.m. – Tina Radar and Sheila MacKenzie – Stress Management
- 12:30-1 p.m. – Snack attack – Jennifer Myles-Ingersoll – healthy snacks including free deluxe snack container; Every Step Counts – Debra Wilson – exercise tips and free pedometers. There will also be coffee, snacks, door prizes, free gifts at presentations and a table for crafts.
Bring your questions and feel free to stop by. There will be staff from the Integrated Health Network and Diabetes Education on hand to answer your questions.