ElderCollege in Campbell River has an intriguing lineup of courses coming up that are sure to tickle almost any fancy.
On Friday, Oct. 19 Ray Grigg will speak about his personal journey to environmentalism. This event is free to members but pre-registration is required.
ElderCollege is offering a new course called Local Artists – Their Stories. Each week of the six week course a local artist will describe the process of creating their art.
If you are taking steps to improve your life there are several courses of interest to you.
- Healthy Eating – the Basics will present nutrition tips, how to interpret food labels, plan menus and more.
- Let’s Get Feeling Good will address “life’s transitions”. You will learn how to change your thinking so that you can change your feelings.
- The Science of Chronic Pain will look at strategies that are effective in managing and coping with chronic pain such as that resulting from arthritis, soft-tissue and bone injury, and nerve damage.
- Learn to quiet your mind and practice mindfulness through Introduction to Chan Meditation.
- Travel the world without leaving your home town by enrolling in Travelogues. Local travelers will share their adventures in Australia, Morocco, France, Israel and Jordan, Eastern Turkey, Nicaragua.
- Maybe you have travel plans of your own. Brush up on your language skills or start learning a new one with Beginners French for Travellers or Spanish for Senior Travellers.
- Learn how to make use of new technology through Computers for Beginners or learn how to manage your data with Practical Excel for Beginners.
To register for courses you must first become an ElderCollege member. – cost: $10 plus HST.
Register online at www.nic.bc.ca/eldercollege.