Environmentally conscious Campbell Riverites were recognized over the weekend.
The City of Campbell River presented its annual Stewardship Awards to a small batch of community members during the Fall Festival at Haig-Brown House.
The awards began in 2001 and this year included six categories.
This year’s winners were presented with their awards Sunday afternoon. They are:
- Air Quality/Alternative Transportation: Laurel Cronk
- Pesticide Free/Urban Agriculture: Marti Alkana
- Waste Reduction: Fred Moon
- Habitat Protection/Creation: Jeremy Maynard
- Youth Special Recognition: Allie Whitebear
- Environmental Excellence: Ray Allan