Boston Pizza Campbell River is inviting you to join them for the Pizza Chow-Lenge, a pizza-eating contest to raise money in support of the Campbell River United Way.
You could win Boston Pizza for a year.
This event takes place over two nights. The singles event is April 13 between 7 and 9 p.m. The team event is April 14 between 7 and 9 p.m.
If you love pizza and helping out in your community then this is the perfect opportunity to raise some money to help those in need and to have fun while doing it.
Help them reach the goal of raising more than $5,000 for this great community.
Anyone can be part of this great event. Whether you choose to compete in the singles competition or as a team of four, you are asked that you get out and raise a minimum of $50 per person. Call or come in to Boston Pizza (250-286-6120) and book your time as an individual or as a team. Book early because they will have a limited number of spots each night. Pick up a pledge sheet and get out and collect donations. Bring your pledges to Boston Pizza when you come for the Chow-Lenge. Any cheques should be made payable to United Way Central & Northern Vancouver Island. A prize award of $100 BP Bucks will be given to the individual who raises the most money, and a team award of a pizza party for eight will be given to the team that raises the most.
- The International Federation of competitive eating major league eating official world record is 47 slices of a 16” pizza in ten minutes on Nov. 8th, 2008 by Patrick Bertoletti.
- Guinness Book of World Records lists the fastest time to eat a 12” pizza as 1 minute 45:37 seconds set by Josh Anderson on March 22 2008.
- North Americans eat about 100 acres of pizza every day.
- 3 billion pizzas are sold annually that’s 46 slices for every man, woman, and child in North America.
- In 2010 they RAISED ALMOST $4,000 for THE UNITED WAY in Campbell River with the ‘WINGS FOR THE UNITED WAY’ chicken wing eating competition.