Finalists have been announced for the 15th Annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards, set for Thursday 22 at the Westin Bear Mountain Resort.
Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island will serve as Master of Ceremonies for the event, which will highlight and celebrate the best of the best in a wide variety of categories of business conducted on Vancouver Island.
“It never ceases to amaze us the scope and diversity of the companies that are nominated for these prestigious awards,” says Business Examiner Publisher Mark MacDonald. “There are simply a large number of outstanding businesses on the island, and this event provides a platform to celebrate their innovations and successes.”
Hayes, Stewart Little & Company Chartered Accountants and RBC Royal Bank are Gold Sponsors of the event, coordinated by Invest Northwest Publishing Ltd., which publishes Business Examiner Victoria and Business Examiner Vancouver Island newspapers. There are 17 categories in the awards this year: Automotive, Business of the Year (over 50 employees), Construction/Development, Entrepreneur, Forestry/Wood Products, Health Company, Hospitality/Tourism, Small Business of the Year (under 50 employees), Insurance/Financial Services, Professional, Real Estate, Retailer, Manufacturer, Technology, Green, Trades and Ocean Products.
Local nominees are:
- Coastal Black Estate Winery – Agriculture; Black Creek.
- Daldas Farms Ltd. – Agriculture; Campbell River.
- Bailey Western Star Trucks Inc. – Automotive; Campbell River.
- Capacity Forest Management – Forestry; Campbell River.
- Chan Nowosad Boates CA – Professional; Campbell River.
- Seymour Pacific Developments Ltd. – Real Estate; Campbell River.
- Serendipity in the Garden – Retail; Campbell River.