Enforcement officers on patrol over long weekend
British Columbia’s natural resource officers, park rangers and conservation officers will be busy over the Victoria Day long weekend helping residents and visitors enjoy a safe and peaceful holiday.
Provincial officials step up their patrols in May every year, especially on holiday long weekends.
- Natural resource officers, conservation officers and the RCMP will be patrolling Crown land, waterways and recreation sites to ensure public safety and protect the environment. Natural resource officers also enforce the forest recreation regulation.
- Park rangers will be patrolling BC Parks and enforcing the park, conservancy and recreation area regulation to enhance public safety and protect sensitive ecosystems.
- Conservation officers will be checking permits to protect public safety and enforcing environment, fish and wildlife regulations. They also will be patrolling recreation sites.
Most provincial parks and recreation sites are open for the May long weekend.
Up-to-date information is available on the BC Parks website and the Recreation Sites and Trails BC website.
- BC Parks: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/
- Recreation Sites and Trails BC: http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/