- 2015 Federal Election
Campbell River organizations receive BC Arts Council grants
Artists and cultural organizations, including community arts councils, will share $8.36 million in the latest round of BC Arts Council grants, funded by the B.C. government, Community, Sport and Cultural Development Minister Bill Bennett said today.
The funding comes from $16.8 million provided by the B.C. government to the BC Arts Council for fiscal year 2012-13. Approved grants will provide essential operating support for local museums and art galleries, as well as media arts organizations in many British Columbia communities. Council enlists input from B.C.’s arts community to evaluate grant applications through an independent peer review process.
B.C. government funding for the BC Arts Council in 2013-14 will reach a record high $24 million, including support for BC Creative Futures, a strategy to help British Columbia’s creative industries continue to grow.
BC Creative Futures includes $6.25 million to foster a creative workforce by encouraging creativity among young British Columbians through increased engagement with the arts.
- Campbell River & District Public Art Gallery – $19,000Operating Assistance; Visual Arts.
- Campbell River & District Museum & Archives Society – $79,000Operating Assistance; Museums.
- Campbell River Community Arts Council: $18,089 Operating Assistance; Community Arts Councils.
- Campbell River Community Arts Council: $5,000 Arts-Based Community Development.
- Campbell River & District Public Art Gallery: $10,000Special Projects; Co-op Placement.
The BC Arts Council administers six programs to benefit British Columbia’s emerging creative leaders by providing:
- More student attendance at performances by professional artists.
- More artists, including Aboriginal artists, to share their work with students in the classroom.
- More after school arts activities.
- More scholarships for British Columbia’s post-secondary students to study the arts at prestigious universities and institutions in B.C., across Canada and around the globe.