- 2015 Federal Election
Ride on - Businesses peddle support for Campbell River’s Tour de Rock rider
Duke’s restaurant is the latest business to get onboard with supporting Campbell River’s Tour de Rock rider.
Shawn Hall, an auxiliary with the Campbell River RCMP, will cycle the length of the Island over 14 days in this year’s Tour de Rock Cops for Cancer which benefits the Canadian Cancer Society and goes towards pediatric cancer research.
Duke’s restaurant is supporting Hall and the tour by donating $1 from the purchase of every Duke’s burger between Sept. 1 and 24.
Duke’s is just one of many local businesses that has rallied behind Hall.
Serious Coffee has been donating $2 for every pound of coffee purchased and will host an event on Saturday that includes a spin off and balloon pop for prizes.
There will also be an opportunity to take a spin on Hall’s stationary bike.
Thrifty Foods and Save-On Foods will also be hosting barbecues the same day.
The Willow Point bottle depot is collecting donations under Tour de Rock Shawn Hall and Outdoor Addictions is donating $5 off the purchase of every bike and tune up.
Here are a few updates to the events and fundraising with the Tour de Rock:
- Riptide Pub – Today, 4-8 p.m. $15 tickets prizes and 50/50
- Serious fun at Serious Coffee Saturday – Parking lot event with 2011 tour riders, spinbikes for the public, music, bouncy castles Magic Faces fac painting, barbecue, ballon pop for prizes and tons of prizes. There will also be police anf fire emergency vehicles on site. and ballon pop for prizes and a spinathon. 9-3 p.m.
- Thriftys Foods BBQ Sept 03 10-2.
- Thrifty Foods BBQ Sept 9 10-2.
- Save On Foods BBQ Sept 03 11-4.
- Animal fun petting – Campbell River Lodge, Sept 18. Donations to the Tour de Rock.
- Red Surge dinner, Oct. 22.
- Dukes Restaurant – $1 from every Duke burger sold goes to the Tour de Rock.
- Bottle depot at 16th and Willow – donate your returnable bottle proceeds to the Tour de Rock Account is under Tour de Rock Shawn Hall.
- Outdoor addictions – $5 goes to every bike sold or service and repair.