- BC Games
Rash of break and enters
Campbell River RCMP are investigating several break and enters that occurred May 3-4.
Here’s a rundown of the crimes:
- May 3, B&E at an apartment in the 600 block of 9th Avenue. Stolen items include a 42-inch Toshiba TV and a bed.
- May 3, attempted residential B&E in the 1800 block of Pinecrest Rd.
The property owner discovered that during the previous night, someone had removed several window screens and then slid open a kitchen window. It appears the suspect fled prior to gaining entry.
- May 3, 1:50 a.m., RCMP respond to break and enter in progress at Bailey Western Star at 1440 Redwood St. A large rock had been used to break the glass out of the front door. Once inside, the culprit stole an undisclosed amount of cash. Officers located a 20-year-old man who was questioned and released. This matter remains under investigation.
- On May 4, at 12:30 p.m., police investigate a residential B&E in the 200 block of Alder St.
The culprits forced entry and made off with a number of items including a laptop, an Ipod, binoculars, knives and a backpack.
- On May 4, at 9:20 p.m., a local security firm discovered that someone had broken the front glass at Campbell River Honda. The culprits had attempted to steal two generators.
These items were taken to the front of the business prior to the suspects fleeing.
- On May 4, police receive a report from Strathcona Toyota that a blue 1998 Dodge Neon had been stolen from the lot.
It has not been recovered.
- Finally, on Saturday, at 12:55 a.m., RCMP responded to downtown business break and enter at Ridgerider.
The thief smashed the glass on the front of the business and removed two knives from a window display.
Police did find blood at the scene.
Anyone with information on these break and enters is urged to contact RCMP or Crime Stoppers.