The third annual John Hart Generating Station Replacement Project community event is a unique annual opportunity to see the construction site and watch the project evolve.
Come and see the exciting work on this legacy project for Campbell River and BC Hydro on Sunday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
How to get there:
The only permitted way to get to the site is by our free passenger bus service.
• Passenger pick-up on Shoppers Row, directly in front of Spirit Square, about 2:30 p.m. will run about every 10 minutes beginning at 9:30 a.m. until about 2:30 p.m.
• A continuous loop will run from Shoppers Row to the two construction site locations, to the interpretive centre area, and then back downtown. The project site stops will include a look inside the existing John Hart powerhouset, the John Hart tunnel water outlet area, and the work area around the John Hart Dam. For safety reasons, the tour is unable to go underground to see the tunnels or powerhouse cavern.
• There will be a tour guide on each bus.
Safety around the construction site:
Construction activity will be shut down for this event so people can walk around the designated areas and see the unique construction equipment on display.
• People at all times must stay within designated safe areas and not go beyond fenced off areas. This is for your own safety.
• Appropriate footwear is strongly recommended given the uneven surface. Some walking is involved. No flip-flops or high-heels.
Given the uneven ground surface there is no wheelchair access.
• The use of sun-screen is encouraged.
You are encouraged to take pictures and post them on social media with the hashtag #JohnHartEvent
Along with the tour stops at the construction site, displays and activities at the interpretive centre area including the Museum at Campbell River, puppet show and crafts, BBQ, community booth displays and bucket rides in a BC Hydro line truck. The John Hart Project Interpretive Centre will be open to provide more project info.
To learn more check out the monthly John Hart project construction reports at bchydro.com/johnhart.If you have any questions in advance of the event please contact Stephen Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250 755 4795.