- BC Games
Two great mountain film shows screen this weekend
This weekend the Banff Mountain Film Festival comes to Campbell River and Quadra Island bringing the very best of mountain adventure, cultural and environmental films in 2012.
On consecutive nights, tonight at the Campbell River Tidemark Theatre and Saturday at the Quadra Community Centre two separate programs bring a diverse and exciting line up of films to the big screen.
“It’s always a busy week preparing for the Banff Festival to arrive,” said event organizer and local mountaineer Philip Stone. “Our shows are so close to the main Banff festival in early November that it’s often only a matter of days ahead that we know what will hit the screen here. But one thing that is certain is that we’re always treated to two fantastic shows.”
The films selected for this year’s presentations include several award winners including the outstanding ‘Crossing the Ice’ which hauled in three awards: Grand Prize - Sponsored by Mountain Equipment Coop, People’s Choice Award - Sponsored by Buff and Best Film, Exploration and Adventure – Sponsored by Nemo
Tickets for both the Campbell River and Quadra shows are available from the Tidemark Theatre box office between noon and 6 pm.
Tickets are $25 for adults $20 for youth, students and seniors.
Call 250-287-7465 to reserve.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and both shows start at 7 p.m.
- Unicorn Sashimi; Skiing - 5 min
- The Gimp Monkeys; Climbing - 8 min
- Highway Wilding;Environment - 13 min
- Moonwalk;Slacklining - 4 min
- Crossing the Ice;Exploration - 44min
- Flow Hunters; Kayaking - 9 min
- Industrial Revolutions; Mtn biking - 5 min
- The Dream Factory; Skiing - 27 min
- Reel Rock:Wide Boyz; Climbing - 13 min
- On Thin Sea Ice 2; Humor - 2 minutes
- First Afghan Ski Challenge; Culture/ski - 16 min
- Mountains in Motion; Environment - 10 min
- Five Races, Five Continents; Running - 11 min
- Reel Rock Honnold 3.0.; Climbing - 33 min
- Last of the Great Unknown; Canyoneering - 23 min
- Huck; Kayaking - 6 min
- The Denali Experiment; Ski/ alpine - 16 min
- Strength in Numbers; Mtn biking - 15 min
- Ernest; Humor - 5 min