- 2015 Federal Election
Campbell River enterprises up for biz awards
A near record number of nominations are in for the 14th annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards, set for Thursday, January 23, 2014 at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre.
“There are some amazing businesses doing great things on Vancouver Island, and it’s exciting to see them come in as nominations for these awards,” says Robert MacDonald of Business Examiner Vancouver Island, which is coordinating the event. “This event has been celebrating the best of the best in business, and success stories from Victoria to the north end of the island.
Hayes Stewart Little & Company Chartered Accountants, the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia, and the Vancouver Island Conference Centre are Gold Sponsors of the event. Category sponsors include RBC Royal Bank, Grieg Seafoods, Invest Comox Valley and the Nanaimo Economic Development Society.
“The Business Excellence Awards has been a ‘can’t miss’ date on the calendar of events on Vancouver Island since our very first one in 1999,” adds MacDonald. “These events bring together some of the most successful and powerful business people on the island, and it’s a fantastic opportunity to network and get to know the owners and managers of these companies.”
Campbell River and area finalists are:
- Black Creek Agricultural Business of the Year Coastal Black Estate Winery & Meadery
- Campbell River Business of the Year (Over 50) Holbrook Dyson Logging Ltd.
- Campbell River Entrepreneur Denise Mitchell Interiors
- Campbell River Food Service Quay West Kitchen & Catering
- Campbell River Forest/Wood Products Holbrook Dyson Logging Ltd.
- Campbell River Green Business of the Year Willows Market
- Campbell River Non-Profit Association of the Year Immigrant Welcome Centre
- Campbell River Non-Profit Association of the Year Campbell River Beacon Club
- Campbell River Oceans Products Company of the Year Grieg Seafood
- Campbell River Professional Chan Nowosad Boates
- Campbell River Retail Willows Market
“There are always a number of surprises when it comes time to announce the winners,” said MacDonald. “The judges have a tough task ahead of them to determine which business stands out above the crowd in their category.
“Some of the success stories are simply amazing.”
Indeed, the Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards have become an effective marketing tool for businesses, with the stories of all finalists published in a souvenir book, in print and online, to commemorate the event.