- BC Games
Deadline looms for Island Business Excellence nominatons
Organizers of the 13th Annual Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards are anticipating a last minute push prior to the Nov. 15 deadline for nominations for the popular event celebrating the best of Vancouver Island business, which will be held January 24, 2013 at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo.
“The Business Excellence Awards has been a ‘can’t miss’ date on the calendar of events on Vancouver Island since our very first one in 1999,” says Mark MacDonald, Publisher of the Business Examiner and Business Vancouver Island newspapers, founder of the event. “It’s all about celebrating some of the good news about Vancouver Island companies and businesses.”
There will be 17 categories in this years’ event, which continues its tradition of rotating back and forth from a location north of the Malahat, to Greater Victoria.
The categories are:
- Automotive Business of the Year
- Business of the Year (Over 50 employees)
- Community Leader of the Year
- Construction/Development Company of the Year
- Insurance/Financial Services
- Manufacturer of the Year
- Professional Company of the Year
- Real Estate Company of the Year
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- Forestry/Wood Products Company of the Year
- Health Company of the Year
- Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Small Business of the Year (Under 50 Employees)
- Technology Business of the Year
- The Going Green Award
- Trades Company of the Year
For further information about the event, contact Mark MacDonald at the Business Examiner at 250-758-2684.
To nominate a business, go to: www.businessvi.ca/events, then 2012 Vancouver Island Business Excellence Awards and download a nomination form.